Cooking is done since time immemorial and will always be there in human society. The methods, utensils, devices of cooking undergone change time to time. Modernization of kitchen was inevitable in modern urban life. This has reduced drudgery in cooking to a great extent. I am here presenting some tips regarding use of small devices to make cooking easy.
Water is part and parcel of cooking. Many times we need it in very small quantity and water may be dropped in excess by pouring it. We usually sprinkle water be hand when little water is needed. Use of spray gives us better control over release of water and also helps to spread water evenly.
- While making Dosa, we can spray water on tawa in between two dosas. Spraying avoid burns which one may get while doing by hand with wet cloth.
- While making Bhakari, it is easy to spray water on its surface rather applying water by hand.
- While making dough of Chapatti, flour can be well put together at the end by spraying water. Pouring may result into excess of water; which may affect texture of dough.
- Spray is very important in microwave cooking. Spraying water helps to cook Khichadi, Upama, Shira perfectly in oven.
- Rice, Pulav, Biryani can be cooked well in oven on microwave mode. In case it is cooked little less even after standing time, a little water is needed. We can spray the needed water and cook it in oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- We cook some of the green vegetables by applying besan; spray helps to cook such vegetables by adding exact quantity of water.
- Two cubes of Mango Barfi (चितळे बंधुंची असेल तर उत्तम)
- Two eggs
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Table spoon
- Baking Powder - 1 Table spoon
- Sugar - 100 gms (we can use sugar replacement)
- Butter - 100 gms
- Milk - half bowl
- Maida - 80 gms